CHRIS PROPOSED TO ME ONE WEEK AGO TODAY!!!!!!!!
I just can't even believe it :)
Of course I said yes, so we're engaged! :)
He is a great guy, and his proposal was so sweet, unique, and creative. It's hard to write out, but I'm going to try.
I'll start with the class. For the last four weeks, I took a graduate level literacy class to learn how to teach children how to read, especially in a tutoring setting. I worked with one little girl who is going into third grade to help her learn how to read better. It was a very challenging, time-consuming, but very rewarding class. I had taken the class because it was very interesting to me and because I was hoping to be able to tutor after I had taken it. I think that tutoring is a great way for me to work with kids and develop my interest in education, and make some extra money, without being a traditional teacher. It was a great class, and yesterday was my last day. So I was already very excited because I had taken the class and done well. Then, my professor called me to ask if I would tutor two children right away! So, I will already be able to start using what I learned and making some money from it! I was VERY excited.
So, after work, I went to my apartment and was so surprised to find Chris there! I started to suspect that he might propose but he played it off very well. He had prepared a nice lasagna dinner and had a card for me on the table. I knew that there was no ring in the card, so I just told myself that he wasn't proposing and decided I would just enjoy him being sweet. :) I read the card, and he had written how proud he was of me for taking the class and doing so well, etc. So, I really thought the whole dinner and surprise was about my class.
After we finished dinner, he told me that he had made dessert - strawberry cheesecake! After he served the dessert, he went to grab my camera to take a picture of the dessert and told me that he had been taking pictures of all his preparations all day. I thought it was cute because he always likes to take pictures of the details of things, and he has been very interested in my new camera since I got it.
So he took the picture and then we enjoyed our dessert. We were just sitting at the table talking when he told me that he wanted to show me the pictures he had taken of the whole meal, etc. So we went over to the couch, and he handed me my camera so I could scroll through the pictures. He had taken pics of the lasagna, the cheesecake, etc., and then I scrolled over to the next picture... He had taken a picture of my ring in its box sitting next to a note that said, "Will you marry me?" I freaked out! I was so surprised, and I started crying. When I looked up at him, he had gotten down on one knee in front of me, and we just hugged and hugged. He then told me that I still needed to answer his question, and I, of course, said YES! Then he said it wasn't official and he pulled out the ring and put it on my finger.
It was so magical! He was so great. We spent the next few hours calling home and telling everyone. Then, he told me the story. Apparently he bought the ring on Monday after we had looked at them on Friday. He had it with him all week and then drove to Towner (without my knowledge) on Wednesday to have dinner with my family and ask them if he had their blessing to propose to me :) He stayed the night in Towner on Wednesday, and then was going to head back to Denver on Thursday. He figured he would propose sometime this weekend. But, he surprised himself and decided he wanted to come to Colorado Springs right away. So, he got to my apartment at noon yesterday (I still had no clue, because he has his own key to my place). He started making plans and put it all together before I got home!
We've set the date: May 1, 2010. We will share my parents' anniversary!
No comments:
Post a Comment